Hazal Gumus Ciftci
Visiting Assistant Professor
125 Hayes Hall
108 North Oval Mall
Columbus OHIO 43210
Areas of Expertise
- practice-based design research
- design for sustainability
- local production
- participatory design
- social design
- Ph.D. in Design, Lancaster University
- MSc. in Product/ Service/System Design , Politecnico di Milano
- BSc. in Industrial Design, Istanbul Technical University
Hazal Gumus Ciftci is a Visiting Assistant Professor in the industrial design program at The Ohio State University. Her research area is design for grassroots production where she focuses on local production and traditional craft making.
Dr. Gumus Ciftci holds a Ph.D. in design from Lancaster University. She received her bachelor’s degree from Istanbul Technical University (industrial design) and master’s degree from Politecnico di Milano (product/service/system design).
She was awarded the Turkish Cultural Foundation's Fellowship in 2012 and has taught at the Industrial Design Department of Izmir University of Economics between 2012 and 2015.