Apply a health literacy-focused and user-centered design approach to expand and refine a web-based reproductive health education program (FUTURES) for male adolescents and young adults with sickle cell disease and their caregivers.
Information design, Interactive design, Narrative design, User research, Health literacy
Undergraduate (senior level) and graduate design students
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Proficient in graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite to create visually appealing and engaging visual
- Understanding of UX principles and UX research methods to create intuitive and human-centered interactive
- Experienced in organizing and presenting complex information in a clear, concise, and visually appealing manner.
- Experienced in designing interactive elements, such as animations, interactive prototypes, and user interfaces. Having
- Interested in learning about the medical field and health literacy principles to accurately communicate and simplify
complex medical information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively collaborate with healthcare professionals, researchers,
and other stakeholders, as well as to translate technical information into accessible language for the target audience.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams and embrace the opportunity to conduct research on
Project Time Frame