At The Ohio State University, Academic Advisors are assigned to students based on their major. By checking the Student Center on BuckeyeLink, students can find out who is assigned as their Academic Advisor.
In the Department of Design, all students pursuing one of our BSD tracks are assigned to our Academic Advisor, Gabe Tippery. He only advises Design students and is a highly specialized expert in this type of advising.
Additionally in the Department of Design, all students pursuing one of our BSD tracks are encouraged to develop a strong relationship with their respective Program Area Coordinator.
Why See an Academic Advisor?
- To plan a degree program
- To shape general education
- To plan a major
- To plan a minor
- To make specific course selections
- To clarify university and college policies and procedures
- To plan for internships and careers
- To connect to other Ohio State resources
- To apply to graduate
105A Hayes Hall
108 North Oval Mall
Columbus OHIO 43210
Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.- 12 p.m. and 1 p.m.- 4 p.m.
Appointments must be made in advance by calling 614 292-6961.
Appointment Appropriate Topics
- Information on the requirements for the various programs in design -- the design major tracks and minor
- Major/GE progress checks
- Resume/Portfolio guidance
- Internship questions
- Withdrawal/Curriculum Petitions
- Other design-related questions -- sequences, special courses, course number changes, petitions, requirements for different degrees, and other issues
- Difficulties and Complaints -- discussion of difficulties with a particular design course or with design in general
- Prospective student visits
Often questions can also be handled efficiently by emailing our Academic Advisor, Gabe Tippery, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advising is critical to academic success at Ohio State. Often serving as the main point of contact between students and the university, advisors help create academic plans that meet your educational and career goals. We're here to guide you through the university while connecting you to appropriate resources that help keep you on track along the way.
Advising for undergraduate students on the Columbus campus is provided by the individual college or department that offers the program of study you are pursuing. This allows you to get advice from someone who knows the specifics of your curriculum. Your advisor will help you with course scheduling, degree planning, and other concerns related to major and GE requirements.