Department Chair, Fabienne Munch, named to Provost's Council on the Arts
The Office of Academic Affairs (OAA) has created the Provost’s Council on the Arts, which launched in May 2023. The council will advise OAA on arts-related matters, especially those that involve multiple colleges or university entities; serve as a sounding board for new arts initiatives and help prioritize among them; and strategize with Vice Provost for the Arts Lisa Florman on how the arts might be better integrated into the curriculum, raised to greater visibility across our multiple campuses, and become a cornerstone of our engagement with communities in Columbus and throughout Ohio.
Along with the recently founded Office of the Vice Provost for the Arts, the Provost’s Council on the Arts is an important element in the university’s ongoing effort to develop a distinct and significant voice for the arts at Ohio State, and to use that voice in local, national and international conversations to enhance the university’s reputation and advance its Academic Plan.
In addition to Executive Vice President and Provost Melissa Gilliam, who will serve in an ex-officio capacity, the members of the council will be (in alphabetical order by last name):
- Charles Anderson - Chair, Department of Dance
- Dionne Custer Edwards - Head of Learning and Public Practice, Wexner Center for the Arts
- Lisa Florman - Vice Provost for the Arts
- Michael Ibrahim - Director, School of Music
- Dorothée Imbert - Director, Knowlton School of Architecture
- Damon E. Jaggars - Vice Provost and Dean of University Libraries
- Fabienne Münch - Chair, Department of Design
- Dana Renga - Divisional Dean of Arts and Humanities
- Gaëtane Verna - Executive Director, Wexner Center for the Arts