Sébastien Proulx, Ph.D.
Associate Professor | Industrial Design Coordinator
125 Hayes Hall
108 North Oval Mall
Columbus OHIO 43210
Areas of Expertise
- Industrial Design
- Social Design
- Design Studies
- User Experience
- Moral Sociology
- Postdoc in Public Health, IRSPUM, Université de Montréal
- Ph.D. Design, Université de Montréal
- M.A.Sc. Design and Complexity, Université de Montréal
- B.F.A. Graphic Communication, Université Laval
- Building Bridges between Design and Public Health
- Design as a Care Practice
- Politics of User Experience
- Problematization in Design: Problem Diagnostic Strategies & Methodologies
- Digital Public Participation Lab: Exploring the Potential of the Hyve-3D System to Foster Democratic Decision-Making
- Design 5200 | Design Research III
- Design 5150 | Advance Industrial Design I
- Design 4999 | Undergraduate Scholarship: Thesis Research and Creative Activity in Design
- Design 4650 | Collaborative Studio, Design for Public Health
- Design 3151 | Introduction to Industrial Design, Design in the Public Sphere
- "Questioning the Nature of Design Activity Through Alasdair MacIntyre’s Account of the Concept of Practice"
- "Deliberating as a Public Representative or as a Potential User? Two Complementary Perspectives that Should Inform Health Innovation Policy"
- "Designing for the Vulnerable: MacIntyre’s Concept of Proxy as Ethical Framework"
- "Manifeste pour le renouveau social et critique du design"
- "Technologies of the self in public health: insights from public deliberations on cognitive and behavioural enhancement"
- “Qualities of Public Health. Towards an Analysis of Aesthetic Feature of Public Policies”
- “Le design à l’épreuve du concept de pratique"
- "A Political Reading of Design. The Case of Orientation"